Sunday, February 15, 2009

I was wr-, wro-, wr- ...



Fonzie on Happy Days was many things - lover, mechanic, someone with a GED who eventually taught auto shop, shark jumping water skier, all while wearing a leather jacket. But he was loathe to admit he was wrong - couldn't even say the word. Well here is where I can be better than Fonzie (8 year old me would be so proud), I can admit things where I was wrong in fantasy basketball this year:

- I thought Pau Gasol would be a shadow of what he was in recent years and at the end of last year. Shame on me for doubting tall unshaven Spaniards. Of course, I did anticipate decent things from Marc Gasol.

- I saw big things from Jason Richardson this year. Oopsie. There's still time for redemption, and Phoenix's post AS break schedule is nice. But I would have loved to have tucked JR in my SG spot and let him sit there collecting rebounds and 20 point nights.

- I thought Terry Porter as coach of the Suns wouldn't have too much of an impact on Stoudemire and the Suns offense. Yeesh. Safe to say, the days of having 7 Suns on league rosters (even shallow leagues) are over for quite a while.

- I was worried about overdrafting on Danny Granger. That's a guy I could use. Real glad I got Dunleavy though. Go. Pacers.

- Someday I'm going to be right about the dropoff to come for Chauncey Billups. Age, dammit!

- I thought Chris Wilcox would do a few things in the OKC, nothing world stopping, but at least contract year worthy. C'mon, man, step it up. On the bright side, I love the Thunder for fantasy. I've had a bunch of Thunderballers on my rosters or my radar this year - Durant, Green, Westbrook, Collison, Krstic, the aforementioned Wilcox, Watson, and soon Sefalosha. Keep the dream alive, Weaver. Hey, Dreamweaver! Cassandra, schwing!

- I thought at some point, my PG situation would be so horrid, I'd have to pick up Rafer Alston. Thank you, points guards on my rosters.

- I thought that what Mike Miller is going to do now, he would have done all year. Thanks a lot, headband wearing tool! (no offense)

You know, there were probably a lot of other things I was wrong at this year. Let's just leave it at those for now.

1 comment:

Frances said...

Those who need repairs for their cars but aren't quite sure how to do it on their own should have their car checked by auto body Phoenix shops which locals trust the most.