Monday, November 24, 2008

Beaten up - and bad



This was a rough week in the Give Me The Rock Readers' League, as many things transpired agin' me, like Boozer getting hurt, Turkoglu deciding to crap the bed this week, and just all around sucking to the point of suckitude. All in all, a large but not insurmountable bump in the road. Just like in Million Dollar Baby, when Mo Cuishle got beaten up a little along the way to the title. I can't wait until the sequel, when Hilary Swank tries not to get soft in her title defense. C'mon Clint, find some crazy black lady with a Mohawk and a lot of jewelry to be her foil. Everyone wants to see how Maggie handles success.

Looking back, a bunch of things went wrong. My high volume shooters - Joe Johnson, Hedo Turkoglu, OJ Mayo (even Rudy Fernandez) all shot under 40%. My rebounders tweren't a-rebounding, and with FG% down, not enough 3's were made. The three weeks previous, I had won FT%, points, and steals. But a nifty harmonic convergence of injuries, illness, and games played disadvantage conspired to bite me on the ass. I salvaged a tie in TO's thanks to the late night Kings-Lakers game. That tie could salvage my season in March. I really hope it comes down to that.

Anyway, I've got a bad assists and blocks team, so I'll need to work on/completely punt them. The silver lining of the week - both Corey Maggette and David Lee gained an eligible position. Maggette is now a SG,SF,PF, and David Lee is a SF, PF, C. Really, I don't know how that happened, but I guess now if I wanted to do a blockbuster trade, I can open it up without regard to position. That's about it.

UPDATE: Oh, thanks to wikipedia, I just realized that Hilary Swank dies at the end of Million Dollar Baby. Curse you cable, for other things being on so I flipped onto something else before it ended. No offense, Clint, but a sequel to MDB would really suck and be kind of a downer. Like Weekend at Bernie's 2.

2 comments:

Brendan said...

Check yo' inbox, son!

Nels said...

Rosebud was the sled!!!!!