Thursday, November 6, 2008

Now that's an NBA night!


Tony Parker did what Sammy Hagar could not and drove for 55. The only thing better would be if he could rap in French - oh wait, he can! Amare decided not to miss anywhere on the floor - the guy is going to be huge all year the 2nd game of Phoenix's back-to-backs as Shaq will need a hoagie break. LeBron do what LeBron do, filling up the sheet and torching Los Bulls. Tayshaun Prince is really going to piss me off this year. When I finally relent and acquire/pick him up, he'll throw out a few "2 pts, 1-4 FG, 3 reb" games. Boston won; you beat the Thunder by 13. Yay. Mario Chalmers stole the ball as many times as Ferris Bueller was absent. Charlotte lost in Larry Brown's not-so-triumphant return to NYC, but 6 Bobbin'-cats scored in double figures, so there may be some interesting things happening in Charlotte, fantasy-wise, not so much wins and losses-wise.

Atlanta didn't steal a win in New Orleans, they went out and grabbed it by the throat and wouldn't let go. 12-30 from way outside and most of them were good shots. This is going to be one dangerous little team. I don't know whether I love OJ Mayo shooting 19 times to Rudy Gay's 12 or whether I hate it. I'm just glad Marc Gasol didn't go off again because he's sitting on my bench this week. Is there a reason why Steve Blake is getting 30+ minutes a night in Portland? Some decent numbers last night, I'll give him that. I'm kinda rooting for him to be on NBA rosters for the next 8 years so he can be this generation's John Crotty. DeMarcus Nelson may be this generation's Marc Iavaroni - start, play 6 minutes, then sit on the pine (excuse me, padded chairs that have the "NBA Cares" logo on them) for the rest of the night. Or maybe it's an elaborate Don Nelson hazing ritual.

Man, I love these NBA Wednesdays where almost everyone plays and your fantasy scoreboard is active all night. Let's do it again Friday, we'll meet Stu for NBA Shootaround. You know, flip side of pillow, butter ... roll, etc.

No comments: