Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Week 1 on tap

Well, week 1 is about to start. Squint and you can see my first matchup against team "In Your Face Odyssey". Basketball Monster has me losing 4-5, and the key is the Kevin Love injury, making me outgamed 38-35. He's got Dwight Howard, but it's not really a strong rebounding team. He has Ginobli and Butler but it's not a great steals team either. Kevin Love getting 25-30 rebounds this week would have probably put me over the top in boards and made it a 5-4. I need Ray Allen to make 3's in his 4-game week. I don't like hearing Anthony Randolph has owie issues. I'm real anxious to see how Channing Frye does this week, hopefully letting me backdoor 3's.

I want to watch CP3 tear shizznit up. Even with him, I've got a pretty crappy assists and steals team. I decided to play up my team and go off of his other strengths - boards and percentages - and made mine more of a roto squad in this league. By being at the head of the dragon in the draft, I could see how teams formed - some big ball, some small ball - and I wanted to craft a squadron that could go up against anyone of them in a particular week. Once I saw there were several small ball teams, I didn't want to risk it by going small as well and chancing I could get beaten in my core and lose 7-2 or 8-1. So I'm leaning towards getting 6-3's, 5-4's, maybe a 4-5 sprinkled in. Now if someone could get Mr. Miyagi or Alanis Morrisette from Dogma to rub their hands together and heal Love and Randoplh for me, it would be much appreciated.

PS Basketball Monster says I have the best team value, +0.96, in this league - one of only 4 with a positive value. That tends to mean not so much in head to head and with non-replaceable injuries.

No comments: